Moms, it's your turn to go to camp!
Welcome to your one stop shop for all things Mom Camp 2022! Whether you are a first timer or a Mom Camp regular, this year's event is full of new and favorite things to enjoy. Be sure to review all the information below so you don't miss out. We look forward to seeing you on Friday, July 15th!
- The Mom Camp schedule is packed with a variety of activity options to meet the interests of every kind of mom! Refer to the full schedule for a full description of each activity. Click here to view workshop samples.
Some Mom Camp activities have a maximum quantity of available spaces per time slot with an advanced sign up required. Activities or workshops requiring an additional fee are noted on the schedule along with "open" activities that do not require an advanced sign up. Refer to the Activity Sign Ups tab on the left to learn about our online activity sign ups.
The all-mom activities are a great way to meet fellow "campers". Friday night's Bingo is complete with desserts, laughs, and prizes including a gift certificate to Mom Camp 2023 as the grand prize! We hope you will get in the retro spirit and join us for dinner on Saturday in 1950's themed attire and then join us for the Karaoke Sock Hop and/or "Drive In" Movie on the back lawn. In keeping with the 50's spirit, Gidget will be the feature film.
Camp Allen is overjoyed to have fan-favorite, Kari Ann Lessner, back as our speaker! Kari Ann is a mother of two and the Children and Families minister at Christ Church Cathedral as well as a Camp Allen Summer Camp Session Director. You won’t want to miss her session in G1A on Saturday morning at 9:00 AM after breakfast. It is the best way to start your day!
- Camp Allen utilizes Sign Up Genius to manage advanced activity sign ups for Mom Camp. As an alternative to paper sign up sheets, this online system will allow participants to easily view, add and edit activity choices. Activity sign ups will open on Wednesday, July 6th at 10:00 AM HERE. Online sign ups will remain open online through the duration of Mom Camp. If your desired activity is full, check the website periodically in the possible event of cancellations or addition of more spaces / time slots.
Sign Up Genius Tips: Creating a Sign Up Genius account beforehand is helpful, but not necessary. You can manage the sign ups on your mobile device, but the computer version is more user friendly. Signing up for a gal pal too? Great! You can reserve up to 3 slots per activity. Since there tends to be a rush the first few minutes of activity registration, we suggest signing up for your top activity choice first.
Editing / Cancelling Sign Ups: As a courtesy to fellow mamas, please do take the time to edit your sign up if plans change and you no longer plan to utilize your space. To make an edit to a free activity, click on the "edit my sign up" HERE or the confirmation email. From there you will be able to change the quantity or delete your sign up. To cancel a paid activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM on Thursday, July 14th to request a refund (less a $5/slot service fee). Cancellations after the deadline can be made by email or in person at the activity desk, but no refunds will be made.
- After many requests, Mom Camp shirts are finally here! Order your 2022 official Summer Camp for Moms shirts by 5:00 PM July 1st! You will receive your shirts on Friday, July 15th at check-in. A very limited quantity of additional shirts will be ordered and available in the Gift Shop on Saturday, July 16th. The price per shirt is $20. The t-shirts a pre-shrunk cotton/poly blend (Bella Canvas 30001).
- We encourage guests to dress comfortably during your stay.
- Bath towels are provided for the hotels but please bring your own beach towels for the pool and lake.
- For added fun, wear your favorite 1950's retro attire to dinner Saturday night!
- Feel free to bring a blanket or lawn chair for the "Drive In" movie on Saturday.
- Jeans and closed toe/ heel shoes are required for horseback riding.
- Long shorts or pants along with closed toe/heel shoes are advised for Adventure Summit and Giant Swing participants.
- Remember to pack bug spray and sunscreen.
- If you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms or have direct exposure to a person with COVID in the week prior to Mom Camp, please test within 24 hours of arrival.
- Check in begins at 5:00 PM on Friday, July 15th. Check out is at 1:00 PM on Sunday. For those that registered for the [sold out] "bonus night" on Thursday evening, July 14th, you will receive an email with more details.
- For questions regarding your event registration, please contact Camp Allen at 936-825-7175 or email@example.com.
- Hotel rooms are equipped with bed linens, bath towels, and single serving coffee pots. The dining room features a 24-hour beverage station with water, teas, juices, and coffee. Complimentary WiFi is provided for guests with paid upgrade options available.
- The front desk is staffed from 7:30 AM until 11:00 PM daily, and a manager on duty is available during these hours.
- A Camp Allen Nurse is on duty should you need medical assistance.
- If you have an after-hours emergency, please call 979-209-2125.
- If you need additional bath towels or sundries, sports equipment, hairdryer, iron, or board games, you may check them out from the front desk.
- The tennis courts, mountain bike tails, and fitness center are open all weekend. Games and open activities located at the park such as ping pong, cornhole, fishing and horseshoes are available on Saturday afternoon.
- Camp Allen's Summer Camp is currently in session. For the safety of our campers, vehicles and pedestrians are only permitted past the guard gate on Saturday from 9:30 AM-6:00 PM and must have a car pass on the dashboard.